Restaurant in the dark


Have you ever had someone cut off your electricity and you had to sat in the dark with candles lit? I admit that the candles bring a romantic atmosphere to the room but every day we are used to the light. We light the lamps when it gets a little darker. We are surrounded by street lamps, glowing monitor screens and neons. And what if the lights suddenly run out?

Quite recently I had the opportunity to participate in a rather unusual event. Together with a friend we went to a restaurant for dinner where all the lamps were off. We entered total darkness. We were led by a waiter who could see through the night vision device.

What were my feelings during that evening?

At first a slight fear, I did not know where I was going, I was afraid that I would trip and fall over. I lost my orientation. Later I was afraid that it would not go to my mouth and the food would be on the table than in my stomach. I was forced to use my other senses. I was touching objects on the table with my hands. I smelled food before I ate it. I listened to opinions on food from other participants. Then i tasted the meals. 

We could not specify how many people are in the room or what are the dimensions of the club.

It was a very strange experience. A little scary, but eventually I ate a delicious dinner in an interesting people and in very unusual entourage

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga